This post is not about Rocket science. Nor is it about some breaking news 😀
It’s about just some basic WordPress information. I know most of us know this. If you know, then you can skip reading the post. But, don’t be harsh enough not to LIKE/COMMENT the post 😛
Coming back, it’s about adding a PERMALINK to the text.
I won’t tell the TECHNICAL and TEDIOUS method of linking a post/website to the text. It is via using the HTML section from the WP editor. And, you gotta have knowledge on HTML writing and add the URL link to <a>.[See the area marked as “X” in the image]
See, your interest to complete the post is decreasing already. So, skip it 😀
The easy way is :
- Select the text you want to add the permalink to.[See the area marked as “1” in the image]
- Click on the insert/edit icon on the toolbar of the WP editor.[See the area marked as “2” in the image]
- Add the URL to the place provided.(You can open the URL in the same tab or new tab by using check/uncheck).[See the area “3” in the image]
But, there’s always a but 😀 You can see the extra other things also which you can do. And, these are the MORE essential things also related to PINGBACKS.
- If you want to, and you DEFINITELY WANT TO, let the person whose URL you’re using know about the pingback, then you HAVE to make sure you use a VALID URL.
- By VALID URL, I mean, there must be a comment box present in the URL you are using, so that your PINGBACK will be added there.
- Mostly, we use the URL of the main site as “darshith0000.wordpress.com”. This is not gonna notify the user, that He has been pinged back. Instead, if you use the ABOUT page or any blog’s URL, it will add a pingback and let the user know.
Thank you bearing with me through the most unimportant blog you read today 😀 Hope you have a better day 😉
Happy weekend !!